The Writer’s Guild Of America handed out their awards last night. Simon Beaufoy won again for Slumdog Millionaire, Dustin Lance Black picked up the Original Screenplay honor for Milk, and 30 Rock and Mad Men won for television. Other winner include In Treatment as best new series, Recount and John Adams for television movies/mini series, and the writers of SNL for varitey series.
Posts Tagged ‘slumdog millionaire’
And it goes to Danny Boyle and Slumdog Millionaire. Looking as if the little British film about Indian slums and game shows will be the big winner in three weeks.
Posted in awards, movies, television, tagged anthony hopkins, award show, awards, heath ledger, hugh laurie, james earl jones, kate winslet, meryl streep, SAG, screen actors guild, sean penn, slumdog millionaire, tina fey, winners on January 26, 2009|
- Kate Winslet looked amazing.
- Meryl Streep is apparently not used to winning despite the fact she is the greatest living actress, for which I apologize calling her, since she seems clearly embarrassed when people call her that, even though she is. Just not in Doubt.
- Sean Penn needs to shut up. Che? Seriously, dude? ( I am looking forward to it, but I’ll follow Soderbergh to the grave he dug for me and praise him as he tosses handfuls of dirt until I’m buried and have suffocated, so I might not be the best judge, as I also sat through Solaris and Bubble).
- Heath Ledger won-again. The term shoo in at the Oscars no longer applies, it’s destiny in possibly the saddest possible way.
- Jane Krakowski should be forbidden to give acceptance speeches anymore on the behalf of 30 Rock . That was agonizing.
- James Earl Jones is God.
- Anthony Hopkins looked shockingly frail, and now I’m fretting about him.
- Surprise of the night, TV side- Well, Hugh Laurie beating out Jon Hamm and then being funny.
- Surprise of the night, Movie side- Meryl. Meryl. Oy, Meryl.
- Slumdogcontinues on it’s way to coronation.
- Let’s face it based on the cheers from the audience- any other year, Ben Button would win. Or come in a close second to Milk. But this year, the little British and Indian film has stolen the thunder.
- I wanna be Tina Fey. I know I say that ever award show.
Posted in awards, how i met your mother, movies, neil patrick harris, News, television, updates, tagged awards, critics choice, how i met your mother, neil patrick harris, slumdog millionaire, SNL, the golden globes on January 9, 2009|
First, how awesome that the cast of HIMYM are getting raises and an extension? They deserve it. Too think, this show was a bubble show. Now, where are the glory gifts for TBBT boys and Kaley?
Second, Slumdog Millionaire picked up five at the Critic’s Choice awards.
Third, Neil Patrick Harris is on SNL Saturday.
Fourth, the Golden Globes air Sunday.