- New Tragically Hip record to drop in April, called We are the Same. Hip.
- Peter Gabriel will be at the Oscars Sunday, but he won’t sing. I don’t blame him. He’s Peter” Sledgehammer” Gabriel, the man responsible for the greatest love song of the last thirty years with ” In Your Eyes”. Let him sing all of that Wall-E song before he wins the damn award.
- Shonda Rimes insists T.R. Knight and Katherine ” No Self Censorship” Heigl are NOT leaving Grey’s Anatomy. I wish the show would leave, it hasn’t been good since season two.
- This is Conan O’Brien’s last week as host of Late Night. The White Stripes will perform on Friday’s show. I’m recording the whole week because I love Conan and the last fifteen years have brought me such absurdis joy.
- Wanda Sykes to host the National Correspondents Dinner in D.C. Genius.
- Mandy Moore engaged to a homeless man who resembles altcountry superstar Ryan Adams. Wait, it IS Ryan Adams.
- Trump Entertainment ( the Casino Division) files for Chapter 11 for the third time.
- Two And A Half Men‘s popularity continues to baffle comedy snobs, feminists, people with half a brain, and television critics. Sadly, I get why Chuck Lorre’s two most recent sitcoms center around men. See: Rosanne, Cybill Shepherd, Brett Butler.
- Matt Selman at Time.com goes all fanboy giddy over seeing Watchmen.
- Dumbass band name of the century: This Bike Is A Pipe Bomb. And they wonder why the TSA pulled them off for questioning.
- Interesting story of the day: A third of civil unions in France are done by straight couples as it is easier to get out of than marriage in the still predominantly Catholic country. So much for the theory that it protects the sancitity of marriage.
- Some right wing zealots say gay marriage violates the first amendment. I say either the government gets out of the marriage business or everyone shut up. It can coexist as both a legal and religious ceremony, but they are not interchangable, or else Churches cannot discriminate against couples marrying interfaith or calling the children of marriages not done in the spectacle of the church bastards ( I’m looking at you, Pope Benny).
Notes In Class Time
February 17, 2009 by Kirsten
Posted in Just saying..., movies, music, News, television | Tagged chuck lorre, conan o'brien, dumbasses, grey's anatomy, katheirne heigl, mandy moore, marriage is a funny thing everyone, peter gabriel, ryan adams, shonda rimes, the white stripes, tr knight, tragically hip, two and a half men, wanda sykes | 6 Comments
Comments are closed.
Technorati Me, Babe
Because I know I need to post more
FIND IT30 rock 2008 academy awards adam baldwin adam lambert adele alexis grace alison krauss american idol awards award shows big bang theory casting cbs christine baranski chuck city and colour coldplay commentary conan o'brien craig ferguson criminal minds dancing with the stars danny gokey david cook duffy frost/nixon golden globes grammys heath ledger house how i met your mother hugh jackman jason segel jim parsons johnny galecki kaley cuoco kanye west katy perry kings of leon kris allen lil wayne live blog m.i.a. mad men matthew gray gubler michael sarver milk movies music ne-yo neil patrick harris News nominees obituary oscars rachel getting married radiohead recap Recaps review robert plant sam roberts save chuck! slumdog millionaire television the big bang theory the dark knight tina fey two and a half men wall-e waltz with bashir winners year end lists zachary levi
- 167,247 crazy people
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.