- Are you as pissed about the $18 BILLION Wall Street CEOs got in bonuses while begging the Bush administration for welfare and getting it ( I won’t even go into the sudden GOP change of heart on bailouts, that’s another rant and frankly, a lesser one)? Are you fucking kidding me? And frankly, President Obama should do something about it. Congress is trying, having introduced a bill to cap CEO wages, but this is the great capitalist experiment gone awry. Gekko was right- greed is good. But you know something- so is humility. And Wall Street has zero of that.
- Bruce ” Guitar God and Blue Collar Hero” Springsteen rightfully got slammed by his more liberal, Wal Mart hating fans ( ahem… right here) for striking an exclusivity deal. Today, while at a presser discussing the Superbowl Half Time Show ( I am to understand that the Super Bowl is some sort of football game with a huge concert at what I assume to be the half way point- God, I’m taking a piss, people, go Steelers), Mr. Thunder Road admitted that it was a mistake to sign that deal, considering Wal Mart exploitation of third world workers and their union bashing and everything.
- Is it me, or does Idol suck in ways unforgivable this year?I know, wait till Hollywood week is over and see what talent we actually have. People bring up Jason Castro. I counter with Sanjaya.
- Disney has cut four hundred jobs, the Hollywood trades are struggling, Murdoch’s empire is now a “sell”, OK! rag has editor ousted, and WSJ is looking at layoffs as well. The media is changing, filks, and it ain’t pretty for the old timers. As long as the Sun-Times keeps Ebert, I’m a-okay.
- Anthony Bourdain says when he wakes up every morning, he’s angry at Rachael Ray. Me, too, buddy ( EVOO? Seriously, that’s piss ass annoying right there).
- Elisabot is preggers again, Rosie not around to eat her alive this time. Sorry, it was too easy. I had to.
- CBS great Katie Couric experiment came in second to Idol, which means it’s a smashing success.
- Would you bump Nightline for Jimmy Kimmel when Conan takes over the Tonight Show? ABC say don’t be silly, but it’s a persistent bugger of a rumor that just won’t die. I am not a huge Jimmy fan ( the Matt Damon/Ben Affleck vids were hilarious, but he usually make s me cranky by the end of his monologue). I am, however, a fanatical Conan fan, and I would end up watching the great red head anyday. It clears me up to watch Craig Ferguson without guilt.
- Earlier this week, legendary author John Updike died. I got wrapped up in reading Rabbit At Rest for the third time and never wrote anything. Something tells me Updike would have appreciated that. Writers ony want to be remembered for what they wrote and how it affected you as the reader. Everything else is dust bunnies.
Gordon Gekko lives and other musings
January 30, 2009 by Kirsten
Posted in commentary, Just saying..., News | Tagged american idol, anthony bourdain, bruce springsteen, conan o'brien, craig ferguson, elisabeth hasselback, go steelers!, jason castro, jimmy kimmel, john updike, katie couric, media bites, nightline, rachael ray, sanjaya malakar, super bowl, wal mart is evil, wall street is even eviler than wal mart |
Technorati Me, Babe
Because I know I need to post more
FIND IT30 rock 2008 academy awards adam baldwin adam lambert adele alexis grace alison krauss american idol awards award shows big bang theory casting cbs christine baranski chuck city and colour coldplay commentary conan o'brien craig ferguson criminal minds dancing with the stars danny gokey david cook duffy frost/nixon golden globes grammys heath ledger house how i met your mother hugh jackman jason segel jim parsons johnny galecki kaley cuoco kanye west katy perry kings of leon kris allen lil wayne live blog m.i.a. mad men matthew gray gubler michael sarver milk movies music ne-yo neil patrick harris News nominees obituary oscars rachel getting married radiohead recap Recaps review robert plant sam roberts save chuck! slumdog millionaire television the big bang theory the dark knight tina fey two and a half men wall-e waltz with bashir winners year end lists zachary levi
- RECAP & REVIEW: Criminal Minds 4-01 " Mayhem"
- RECAP AND REVIEW- Criminal Minds 4-02 " The Angel Maker"
- REVIEW AND RECAP- Criminal Minds 4-03 " Minimal Loss"
- RECAP AND REVIEW- Criminal Minds 4-04 " Paradise" WARNING: SPOILERS FOR EPISODES SIX AND SEVEN
- Top Songs of 2008
- RECAP AND REVIEW- Criminal Mind 4-05 " Catching Out"
- 167,279 crazy people
- RT @BlueJays: #FireUpTheGrilli! 🔥🔥🔥 @GrillCheese49 strikes out the side with a #CleanInning in the 10th. @amstandardca https://t.co/l0c8r4… 7 hours ago
- RT @BlueJays: .@MStrooo6 ...And now he scores the go-ahead run! #BlueJays lead 6-5. https://t.co/rIFjElWucL 7 hours ago
- RT @BlueJays: .@MStrooo6's first MLB hit is a pinch-hit double! #PitchersWhoRake 😎 https://t.co/ulv7tk9Tb4 7 hours ago
- RT @BlueJays: .@MStrooo6 Smile, @MStrooo6. You're the first pitcher in #BlueJays history with a pinch hit! 😀 https://t.co/P8FiZKZLgd 7 hours ago
- RT @BlueJays: You asked for it, we got it. Here is @MStrooo6's first MLB hit: atmlb.com/2pgQJGa #PitchersWhoRake https://t.co/p5QZTq4… 7 hours ago
- RT @BlueJays: All it took was 11 innings, the world's best "slide" and a pinch-hit double from our pitcher but.... #BlueJays WIN! https:/… 7 hours ago
- @CoreyStewartVA Slavery. The answer is slavery. Slavery is worse. I'm sure all the lovely people responding to you… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 19 hours ago
- Trump and his gang of idiots- still can't figure out the implications of tariffs and trade wars. twitter.com/jilevin/status… 19 hours ago
- @realDonaldTrump It will stop absolutely none of these things. 20 hours ago
- For a second I thought this was from Sunday's game. Then I remember I just saw it on TV. twitter.com/BlueJays/statu… 1 day ago