- Kate Winslet looked amazing.
- Meryl Streep is apparently not used to winning despite the fact she is the greatest living actress, for which I apologize calling her, since she seems clearly embarrassed when people call her that, even though she is. Just not in Doubt.
- Sean Penn needs to shut up. Che? Seriously, dude? ( I am looking forward to it, but I’ll follow Soderbergh to the grave he dug for me and praise him as he tosses handfuls of dirt until I’m buried and have suffocated, so I might not be the best judge, as I also sat through Solaris and Bubble).
- Heath Ledger won-again. The term shoo in at the Oscars no longer applies, it’s destiny in possibly the saddest possible way.
- Jane Krakowski should be forbidden to give acceptance speeches anymore on the behalf of 30 Rock . That was agonizing.
- James Earl Jones is God.
- Anthony Hopkins looked shockingly frail, and now I’m fretting about him.
- Surprise of the night, TV side- Well, Hugh Laurie beating out Jon Hamm and then being funny.
- Surprise of the night, Movie side- Meryl. Meryl. Oy, Meryl.
- Slumdogcontinues on it’s way to coronation.
- Let’s face it based on the cheers from the audience- any other year, Ben Button would win. Or come in a close second to Milk. But this year, the little British and Indian film has stolen the thunder.
- I wanna be Tina Fey. I know I say that ever award show.
Notes On the SAG Awards
January 26, 2009 by Kirsten